Obstetrics and gynaecology course for exchange students
This course is only open to inbound medical students from our partner universities.
Main area: Medicine
Subject: Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Course code: VMFM03
Type of course: International course at the undergraduate level
Teaching language: English
- Spring semester 2024: January 31 - April 24 (12 weeks)
NOTE: The student must arrive one week prior the course to repeat an MRSA screening.
Prerequisites: Studies in a Medical programme at a foreign university corresponding to 8 semesters in the Medical programme at Lund University, including courses in pharmacology, internal medicine and surgery. Good knowledge of English.
Course structure: Each week consists of 3,5 days practice, half day seminar and one day lecture.
More information concerning objectives, course content, examination and prerequisites:
Syllabus VMFM03 Obstetrics and Gynaecology (PDF 65 kB, new window)
The lectures will cover the topics:
- Normal pregnancy and normal delivery, antenatal surveillance
- Prolonged pregnancy, bleeding during pregnancy and IUGR
- Preeclampsia, Hypertension, Gestational diabetes, Thromboembolic complications
- Gynaecological bleeding disturbances, and endocrinology
- Gynaecological infections
- Gynaecological benign tumours, cancers, and cervical cancer prevention
- Abortion, contraception, and Infertility investigation including assisted reproduction.
- Urogynaecology and prolapse problems
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Skåne University Hospital, Lund
S-221 85 Lund
Associate Professor Christer Borgfeldt
E-mail: christer [dot] borgfeldt [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
E-mail: lisette [dot] jelivi [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se