How to apply: Clinical elective freemover
Students from a university without an exchange agreement with the Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, should use the application form published on this webpage in the application periods (available April/Oct 1-15).
- For an elective in the autumn semester (Sep-Dec): Apply between April 1-15
- For an elective in the spring semester (Jan-May) or summer semester (June-August): Apply between October 1-15
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be processed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application for the spring and summer 2020 is now closed.
The application form + supporting documents should be sent as one pdf-document to: international [dot] facultymedicine [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Questions? Contact: international_facultymedicine [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
Tuition fees for clinical placements?
Students from non-partner universities outside of the EU/EES must pay a tuition fee. The cost for a non-EU citizen is approx. 25,000 SEK for a 4 week clinical placement. EU citizens do not pay any tuition fee.
Applicants must have sufficient funds to cover all expenses incurred during their stay in Sweden. Lund University has no financial assistance to offer students applying for a clinical placement.
My home university requires longer clinical rotations, e.g. in "das praktische Jahr". Can I extend the clinical placement?
The Faculty of Medicine can only offer clinical placements of 4 weeks. Students can apply for one or two placements, e.g. Clinical placement 1 in Surgery (4 weeks) and Clinical placement 2 in Cardiology (4 weeks). Students who apply for two clinical placements may be accepted to only one placement due to limited openings. If you by the time of applying know that you will reject admission to 4 weeks only, we appreciate if you mark this clearly on your application form.
- It is not possible to extend the clinical placements; a clinical placement is always 4 weeks long.
- It is not possible to apply to more than two clinical placements; a total of 8 weeks is the limit.
All requests for clinical placements longer than 4 + 4 weeks will be rejected.