The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Working at the hospital

For doctors with a medical degree obtained outside of Sweden, complementary training may be required to get a Swedish license to practice and a specialist qualification. The Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) is the competent authority that assesses your academic and clinical background. Please see the following websites for more information:

Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare

Swedish Medical Association

If you are interested in a language auscultation or practical service/trial service at Skåne University Hospitals, please contact the recruitment unit at Region Skåne: jobb [at] skane [dot] se (jobb[at]skane[dot]se). For more information on working in Region Skåne, please see:

Educated Abroad (Region Skåne's website)

Lund University does not offer training for recent medical school graduates such as fellowships, internships, specialist training or residency programs.

Wishing to study the Swedish language? Find out more about your opportunities on:

Studying in Sweden's website