How to apply for exchange studies
1. Nomination by your home university
Nomination of students is done online by the student’s home university. Instructions are sent shortly before the nomination period in mid-March/mid-September.
Note: Clinical placements within nursing should be communicated earlier (by email to coordinator): Feb 1 / Sep 1
2. Apply online
Once the nominations have been submitted students receive an email with the log in details that are required for the online application.
Autumn semester: April 1–15
Spring semester: Oct 1–15
Documents to upload:
- Letter of Motivation
- Official Transcript of Records
- Certified copy of Passport
- Clinical Placement Preference Form (applicable only for Medical students applying for Clinical Placement) (Word, 108 kB)
3. Apply for housing via LU Accommodation
It is strongly recommended that students apply as soon as the application period opens.
Autumn semester: April 3–25
Spring semester: Oct 1–25
- Exchange studies in the autumn semester: April 1 - 15
Selection results are sent in May
- Exchange studies in the spring semester: October 1 - 15
Selection results are sent in November
- Exchange studies in the summer semester: October 1 - October 15
Selection results are sent in February/March