Goals and visions
The modern university is one of mankind’s most sophisticated institutions, and it is a privilege for us – the students and employees of the Faculty of Medicine – to help form the foundation for the healthy society of the future.The strategic plan for the Faculty of Medicine defines the strategic choices required for us to sustainably maintain a top-class faculty.
Strategic plan for the Faculty of Medicine, Lund University, 2019 – 2024
The strategic plan for 2019 – 2024 concerns the entire faculty and and has been decided by the Faculty Board.
Goals of the Faculty of Medicine
The Faculty of Medicine shall be a faculty where different perspectives and people come together, where breadth breeds excellence and tradition gives the freedom to break new ground. We shall be a knowledge-creating faculty where the quest for truth and the highest quality shall permeate all we do and where we defend people’s equal value.
We shall be a courageous faculty where innovation is associated with consideration and reflection and where the local meets the global. We shall be a faculty where we respect each other and safeguard what makes us eminent.
We shall be an educated faculty that creates sustainable conditions for cutting-edge health and medical care. We are a medical faculty that makes the world a better place – we exist to improve human life and health.
The ambitions for the strategic plan are outlined in the following five priority areas:
- Education and research shall be interwoven and competitive
- Active cooperation aimed at resolving challenges faced by society shall be encouraged
- National and international relationships and perspectives shall be strengthened
- The importance of teamwork, leadership and chiefship shall be clarified
- Activities at the faculty shall be supported by appropriate resources and tools
Lund University Strategic Plan (comprehensive level)